The SMART X-over design features ensure security and stability:
· Four cross-over fully elasticated straps to allow unrestricted movement of the shoulder and neck area.
· Adjustable leather attachment straps to ensure a perfect fit for all horses.
· Clips to easily attach to saddle D rings.
· Secure leather girth-strap prevents the girth sliding back.
· Centre ring supported by padded leather for martingale attachment if required.
The unique cross over design is recommended for all jumping activities, providing ultimate security whilst giving complete freedom of movement to the horse. The fully elasticated straps eliminate pressure points, rubbing and restricted movement. A breastgirth is always advisable as a safety precaution when jumping – whatever the type of saddle used and whatever shape of the horse.
The SMART™ X-over breastgirth has been specifically designed to be adjusted to as wide a range of horses as possible in each size group. The leather straps are all generously cut to allow the maximum adjustment. There are a minimum number of holes pre – punched, but extra ones can easily be added at home with the use of a standard hole punch. The individual straps can be easily shortened for you in our workshop.
The SMART™ X-over breastgirth is securely attached to the saddle on five points, the lower strap can be conveniently clipped to knee D rings on the saddle for most effective use. All SMART GP and Jump saddle models are fitted with knee D rings, these can be retro fitted to any of our other models on request.
Please refer to our fitting guidelines for further information on fitting and using the SMART X-over breastgirth.